- A lot of people day dream about jumping into a hot tub at the end of the day. The warmth can loosen your muscles and increase blood flow. Try not to stay in the hot tub for more than 20-30 minutes, as this can be counterproductive to your recovery.
- Stretching is an effective way to help loosen any tight muscles from your day of skiing. If you’re on vacation then check if your hotel has a gym you can use!
- While this may not be that relaxing, an ice bath will help jump start the recovery process and make the next day easier.
- Make sure to drink lots of water when you finish your ski day. Staying hydrated is even more difficult at high altitudes so try to drink a full glass of water before you eat your food at dinner.
- Alcohol can sometimes be a fun part of Après skiing, but if you drink too much your body will not be able to recover well. If you choose to drink then make sure to pair it with food and water!
- Massages are known for their relaxing element and they can help loosen up and stretch tired ski muscles. A sport massage will be a little bit more aggressive, but will be more effective at loosening up tight muscles.
- There is no shame in napping! If you are tired then it can be a good idea to nap and regain your energy. Make sure you set an alarm so you don’t sleep through the entire evening!